With Barry Alvarez announcing his retirement as athletic director at the University of Wisconsin, take a look back at some of the biggest celebrations during his time with the Badgers.
In this Series
As featured on
Barry Alvarez, 74, will finish his term leading the UW athletic program this summer after a 17-year stretch in the seat during which the department's budget nearly doubled.
Sweeping changes are coming to college athletics in the form of NIL payments and athlete empowerment. UW's next AD has to take those challenges head-on.
With Alvarez announcing he'll be retiring as UW's athletic director June 30, we thought now's the perfect time to ask our readers what they think of his impact over 31 years in Madison.
- Former vet clinic manager pleads guilty to stealing over $250K in funds
- Pepperell grad returns home after more than two months in Atlanta hospital.
- Valdosta fined, stripped of wins, banned for 2021 playoffs
- Updated: Atlanta Police: Runaway girls have been found and are safe
- 'Defund police' bill passes in Georgia as gun carry, protest crackdown stumble
- Lumber prices a big contributor to increased cost of housing
- NYC man kills girlfriend and her 2 girls as his own daughter hides in terror on 9th birthday
- Georgia to ease COVID-19 distancing, gathering restrictions amid vaccine push
- Floyd County Jail report for Friday, April 9 - 8 a.m.
- New Ball plant producing recyclable cups by the hundreds of thousands daily