- By ALAN FRAM and MARY CLARE JALONICK Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans vaulted Rep. Elise Stefanik into the ranks of House leadership Friday, electing an ardent Donald Trump defender in hopes of calming their searing civil war over the deposed Rep. Liz Cheney's unremitting combat with the former president.
- By ALI SWENSON Associated Press
A graphic calling the East Coast fuel supply crunch “Biden’s Gas Crisis.” A tweet speculating that gas stations running dry was an “INSIDE JOB.” A meme depicting the president and vice president cheering about the “Green New Deal” in front of a snaking line at a fuel station.
- By Dave Goldiner New York Daily News
Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene confronted New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on the House floor and reportedly berated her for supporting “terrorists” — prompting AOC’s staff to call for better security in Congress. The Wednesday confrontation, first reported by the Washington Post, began when Greene tried to get the progressive lawmaker’s attention in the chamber by calling out her ...
- By ALAN FRAM and KEVIN FREKING Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans dumped GOP Rep. Liz Cheney from her House leadership post Wednesday for her persistent repudiation of Donald Trump’s election falsehoods, underscoring the hold the defeated and twice-impeached former president retains on his party.
- By BRIAN SLODYSKO and CHRISTINA A. CASSIDY Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans in the U.S. Senate mounted an aggressive case Tuesday against Democrats' sweeping election and voter-access legislation, pushing to roll back proposals for automatic registration, 24-hour ballot drop boxes and other changes in an increasingly charged national debate.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Rome businessman sentenced to 20 years in prison for 2019 shooting
- Cedartown shooting leaves one dead, police request public's help
- Editorial: The NRA vs. reality: The gun lobby cannot hide from cold facts
- Kylie Jenner exercises twice a day
- 3 men charged with possession of child pornography
- FBI names pipeline cyberattackers as company promises return
- Sheriff hosts celebrity golf tournament with UGA football coach Kirby Smart
- ‘I don’t remember a lot’: Parents of missing Alabama baby speak out about bizarre disappearance
- Gunman in Colorado birthday party shooting killed 6 people because he wasn’t invited, police say
- Kemp: Georgia to cut jobless benefits to push people to work