Dave Roberson is vying for the Floyd County sheriff position in the Aug. 11 Republican runoff. There is no Democratic candidate so the winner will appear alone on the Nov. 3 election ballot. Roberson is on voluntary leave of absence as a major in charge of field operations. To learn more, vi…
Tom Caldwell is vying for the Floyd County sheriff position in the Aug. 11 Republican runoff. There is no Democratic candidate so the winner will appear alone on the Nov. 3 election ballot. Caldwell is a former chief deputy at the sheriff’s office. To learn more, visit TomCaldwellForSheriff.com.
- By Dave Williams Capitol Beat News Service
ATLANTA — Georgia House Speaker David Ralston is living up to his pledge to consider moving criminal justice reform beyond the hate crimes bill the General Assembly passed last month.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Restaurants on the rise in East Bend shopping center on Turner McCall
- Police seek community help to clean up home of elderly man with cancer
- Report: Rome woman caused over $500 in vehicle damage
- Rome, Floyd County commissions discuss masking mandate pros and cons
- Joint Rome, Floyd commission meeting set for Wednesday to discuss rise of COVID-19 cases
- Rome woman charged with fugitive from justice
- Trion woman arrested on multiple drug and theft charges
- Old apartment complex to get a facelift with new owner
- Schools’ COVID-19 threat level: Red
- Hopeless without Hibachi: The true cost of quarantine