- By Dave Williams Capitol Beat News Service
ATLANTA — Gov. Brian Kemp appointed two Black women Thursday to head Georgia’s revenue and technology agencies, the first to hold those posts in the state’s history.
- By Dave Goldiner New York Daily News
Georgia’s Stacey Abrams said Thursday she supports West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin’s proposals for a compromise on voting reform, giving the plan some momentum as Democrats seek to unite against Republican efforts to impose restrictive new ballot rules across the country. Abrams, a former candidate for Georgia governor and leading voting rights advocate, praised the moderate Democratic ...
- From the Dalton Daily Citizen
U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Rome, voted against a bill awarding a gold medal to police officers who defended the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 because she disagrees “with the language in the measure,” according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Chart Riggall, Marietta Daily Journal, Ga.
Jun. 17—If another 207 of the 7,086 people who voted in Tuesday's special election had cast a ballot for Devan Seabaugh, the Metro Atlanta Ambulance executive would have punched his ticket to the Gold Dome as House District 34's next state representative. But in lieu of an outright victory in the special election to replace Bert Reeves, Seabaugh will now square off against Democrat Priscilla ...
- By Aleks Gilbert email@example.com
The race to succeed former state Rep. Bert Reeves, R-Marietta, is headed to a runoff.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Police bust Atlanta home filled with weapons, drugs and cash
- Driver charged with vehicular homicide, DUI in wreck that killed Calhoun man
- Maine wrestling ambassador Ted Reese dies at 84
- Suspects in Albany murder captured in Atlanta
- $80 million distribution center proposed in Bartow County
- City to act on sale of West Third Street property Friday
- Work starting on 67-home subdivision on Ga. 53 near the bypass
- Walmart purse snatching lands three in jail
- Georgia landline phone customers to see lower bills
- Unemployed Georgians facing cutoff of federal benefits