- By Dave Williams Capitol Beat News Service
ATLANTA — The Georgia House and Senate committees in charge of drawing new congressional and legislative district lines this year heard an earful Tuesday from activists calling for fairness in a process that is typically highly partisan.
- By Sasha Hupka Los Angeles Times
WASHINGTON — Lina Khan rode a bipartisan wave of tech industry skepticism to a Federal Trade Commission seat on Tuesday, giving the five-member commission a third Democratic vote and the opportunity to usher in a new era of more assertive antitrust enforcement. She was confirmed to the post by a vote of 69 to 28, with two senators absent. Khan, 32, was a favorite of progressive antitrust ...
- By Paul M. Krawzak CQ-Roll Call
WASHINGTON — Congressional investigators said Tuesday that President Joe Biden’s pause of more than $1 billion in funds for southwest border wall construction did not violate the law as some Republican lawmakers had claimed. Instead, the Government Accountability Office said withholding the funds from obligation is a “programmatic delay” that is allowed under the 1974 law establishing the ...
- By Michael Mcauliff and Dave Goldiner New York Daily News
Former President Donald Trump repeatedly pressured the Justice Department to overturn Joe Biden’s victory, at one point urging prosecutors to file a Supreme Court lawsuit to nullify the election, according to a new report released Tuesday by the House Oversight Committee. The emails from Trump and his aides detailed bogus claims of fraud and conspiracy theories to win then-Acting Attorney ...
- By John Bailey JBailey@RN-T.com
Northwest Georgia 14th District Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene apologized late Monday for comparing mask requirements in the U.S. House of Representatives to the horrors of the Holocaust.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Veteran character actor Robert Hogan dies at 87
- Drew Peterson’s ex-fiancee uses TV to reveal what she says happened to his missing 4th wife
- Driver charged with vehicular homicide, DUI in wreck that killed Calhoun man
- Maine wrestling ambassador Ted Reese dies at 84
- Coosa man killed in wreck near Black's Bluff Road and the loop
- Atlanta Police need your help finding suspects in double shooting
- Police bust Atlanta home filled with weapons, drugs and cash
- Federal charges anticipated in Rome bank robbery after Kennesaw man arrested
- Jury list for Wednesday, June 16, 2021
- Work starting on 67-home subdivision on Ga. 53 near the bypass