- By JEFF AMY Associated Press
ATLANTA (AP) — More than 4,000 Georgia students could get state money to attend private schools or be home-schooled next year under a measure passed Thursday by the House Education Committee.
- Dave Williams
ATLANTA – Legislation to legalize online sports betting in Georgia gained momentum in the state Senate Thursday just as it appeared to get sidetracked in the Georgia House of Representatives. A Senate committee passed a constitutional amendment that would put sports betting on the statewide ballot next year for Georgia voters to decide. Senators decided […]
ATLANTA — A wide-ranging bill clamping down on absentee voting in Georgia that has split Republicans and Democrats moved in the state House of Representatives on Wednesday.
A bill aimed at preventing Georgia city and county governments from making deep cuts in the budgets of their local police agencies passed in the Georgia House of Representatives on Wednesday.
Legislation to extend the statute of limitations for Georgians who were sexually abused as children to sue their abusers years later as adults advanced in the state House of Representatives on Tuesday.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Cult leader and former Marietta resident sentenced to 30 years for murder, manslaughter of children
- Police: Calhoun man dies in accidental shooting
- Missing Cedartown teen’s death ruled a suicide
- County commission chair involved in ongoing GBI investigation
- Cedartown firefighter arrested in connection with fight at local golf course
- Famed northwest Georgia attorney Bobby Lee Cook passes away
- 18 Georgia hospitals penalized by high rates of infections
- 'The biggest heart': Long time Cedartown barber found his footing at the Georgia School for the Deaf
- High winds interrupt third round at Genesis Invitational
- Floyd expecting to submit paperwork for Atrium proposal in March, deal likely to close in mid-summer