- By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) — The federal government will protect gay and transgender people against sex discrimination in health care, the Biden administration declared Monday, reversing a Trump-era policy that narrowed rights at the intersection of changing social mores and sensitive medical decisions.
- From staff reports
Controversial legislation that opponents say will inject more dark money into Georgia politics quietly became law last week.
- By Jeremy Stewart JStewart@PolkStandardJournal.com
ROCKMART — Speaking on similar issues raised by former president Donald Trump, U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Rome, made a stop in Polk County last week to speak to a group of constituents in the strongly Republican county.
- By MIKE SCHNEIDER Associated Press
THE VILLAGES, Fla. (AP) — U.S. Reps. Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene, two of the Republican Party's most controversial figures, kicked off their “America First Rally" roadshow Friday with a Trump-centric revival of sorts for the MAGA faithful at a Florida retirement community.
- By Diane Wagner DWagner@RN-T.com
Gov. Brian Kemp has through Monday to sign or veto legislation passed by the Georgia General Assembly this year, or the bills automatically become law.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Ex-etiquette: She feels like an afterthought, even on Mother's Day
- Commentary: Tax the rich? Here’s what Biden forgot
- Cobb Police announce one arrest in Town Center stickup
- Michael Hernandez, who murdered classmate in middle school bathroom stall, dies in prison
- Kylie Jenner exercises twice a day
- Greene recognizes winners of 14th District art contest
- 3 men charged with possession of child pornography
- Former vet clinic manager sentenced to 5 years in prison, to pay $440K in restitution
- Sheriff hosts celebrity golf tournament with UGA football coach Kirby Smart
- Editorial: The NRA vs. reality: The gun lobby cannot hide from cold facts