- From staff reports
State Sen. Jason Anavitarte called for the General Assembly to place a statue of United States Supreme Court Associate Justice Clarence Thomas on Capitol grounds in a statement issued last week.
ATLANTA — Few Georgians realize that aerospace is the Peach State’s second largest manufacturing industry or that Delta Air Lines is Atlanta’s second largest employer.
- By Dave Goldiner New York Daily News
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., started an ugly shouting match over abortion with Rep. Debbie Dingell, D-Mich., on the steps of the Capitol, yelling that she should “try being a Christian.” The right-wing firebrand interrupted Dingell and several other Democratic lawmakers who are in favor of abortion rights as they tried to discuss the vote in the House of Representatives that would ...
ATLANTA — The General Assembly will meet Nov. 3 to begin a special session to redraw Georgia’s congressional and legislative districts.
ATLANTA — In a nation’s capital seemingly more hopelessly split by intense partisan rhetoric than ever, Georgia Democratic U.S. Sen. Jon Ossoff and Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley from Iowa have introduced a bill designed to help rural communities fight the opioid epidemic.
ATLANTA — The longest serving member of the General Assembly is about to leave the legislature for a post in the Biden administration.
- By Hunter Riggall email@example.com
SMYRNA — Hours before a rally with Georgia Lt. Gov. candidate Burt Jones at Marietta’s Strand Theatre, Donald Trump Jr. met with a smaller audience at Adventure Outdoors, a massive gun store and range that once housed a grocery store.
- By Olivia Morley OMorley@RN-T.com
Rome City Commission candidates met with members of Rome’s NAACP chapter and One Community United via Zoom Tuesday night to participate in a question and answer session.
ATLANTA — Legislators studying the issue of raising Georgia’s mandatory age for school attendance from 16 to 17 were met with tough, complex questions from some metro Atlanta school officials on Wednesday.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Polk Standard Journal
Rome News Updates
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Gabrielle Petito's body positively identified and manner of death was homicide, FBI says
- Canton man charged with felony murder in overdose death
- Kamala Harris says footage of Border Patrol on horseback evokes images of American slavery
- Rockmart man identified as hit-and-run victim
- New retail stores on Turner McCall plan opening dates prior to holiday shopping season
- Police seek help in child molestation case under investigation
- Gadsden couple killed by COVID shared hospital room, texted when they couldn’t speak: ‘Their legacy is living on’
- Here's why I-575 north was closed in Canton Wednesday morning
- School bus driver stabbed to death in front of students in Washington state
- Grand Jury indictments for Wednesday, Sept. 22