- Sasha Hupka, Los Angeles Times
WASHINGTON — Lina Khan rode a bipartisan wave of tech industry skepticism to a Federal Trade Commission seat on Tuesday, giving the five-member commission a third Democratic vote and the opportunity to usher in a new era of more assertive antitrust enforcement. She was confirmed to the post by a vote of 69 to 28, with two senators absent. Khan, 32, was a favorite of progressive antitrust ...
- Paul M. Krawzak, CQ-Roll Call
WASHINGTON — Congressional investigators said Tuesday that President Joe Biden’s pause of more than $1 billion in funds for southwest border wall construction did not violate the law as some Republican lawmakers had claimed. Instead, the Government Accountability Office said withholding the funds from obligation is a “programmatic delay” that is allowed under the 1974 law establishing the ...
- Michael McAuliff And Dave Goldiner, New York Daily News
Former President Donald Trump repeatedly pressured the Justice Department to overturn Joe Biden’s victory, at one point urging prosecutors to file a Supreme Court lawsuit to nullify the election, according to a new report released Tuesday by the House Oversight Committee. The emails from Trump and his aides detailed bogus claims of fraud and conspiracy theories to win then-Acting Attorney ...
- By John Bailey JBailey@RN-T.com
Northwest Georgia 14th District Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene apologized late Monday for comparing mask requirements in the U.S. House of Representatives to the horrors of the Holocaust.
- Paul M. Krawzak and Lindsey McPherson, CQ-Roll Call
Five House Democrats representing the more moderate end of the caucus threw some doubt on the future of President Joe Biden’s agenda Monday. The five lawmakers — one more than Speaker Nancy Pelosi‘s margin on party-line floor votes — sent a letter to the speaker arguing to “stabilize” federal debt so that it remains roughly the same share of gross domestic product rather than rising as ...
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Veteran character actor Robert Hogan dies at 87
- Drew Peterson’s ex-fiancee uses TV to reveal what she says happened to his missing 4th wife
- Driver charged with vehicular homicide, DUI in wreck that killed Calhoun man
- Maine wrestling ambassador Ted Reese dies at 84
- Coosa man killed in wreck near Black's Bluff Road and the loop
- Atlanta Police need your help finding suspects in double shooting
- Federal charges anticipated in Rome bank robbery after Kennesaw man arrested
- Editorial: It’s Florida’s politicians, not teachers, who are trying to indoctrinate schoolchildren
- Jefferson's Calhoun location aims for summer opening
- Georgia prison testing inmates after TB found