The three candidates running for Floyd County sheriff have spent close to $200,000 combined in their bids to replace Tim Burkhalter, who is retiring at the end of the year.
More than 1 million Georgia voters have already cast ballots in the upcoming June 9 primary election via mail-in and early in-person voting, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger’s office said Thursday.
ATLANTA — Atlanta’s police chief quickly condemned the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, and acted swiftly when she determined some of her own officers used excessive force, but now she’s questioning a further crackdown on her officers.
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The Republican National Committee unveiled plans on Wednesday to proceed with certain convention activities in Charlotte, even though President Donald Trump will deliver his nomination acceptance speech somewhere else.
Georgia lawmakers are set to reconvene the 2020 legislative session on June 15, roughly three months after the General Assembly hit pause due to mounting concerns over coronavirus.
ATLANTA - Georgia Commissioner of Labor Mark Butler asked state lawmakers Wednesday to spare an agency hit with an unprecedented wave of unemployment claims from budget cuts looming over the rest of state government.
Gov. Brian Kemp warned Tuesday state authorities are prepared to do “whatever is necessary to keep the peace” as protests against police brutality and racial injustice continue across Georgia.
Georgia lawmakers again Monday raised the idea of imposing salary reductions instead of furloughs for some state employees and elected officials like judges and attorneys amid the need for spending cuts spurred by the coronavirus pandemic.
Georgia’s new voting machines will face their first major test in a June 9 primary election that has created far different logistical challenges for state officials than were anticipated before the coronavirus pandemic struck.
Floyd County’s voter pool continues to skew younger, with more than half of those registered under the age of 50.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Report: Rome man disfigured person's face during knife attack
- Woman killed in two vehicle wreck on Prior Station Road
- Police: Juvenile suspect in Grady Avenue shooting arrested in Cartersville on unrelated charges
- Police searching for suspect who wrote social media post calling for Cedartown looting
- Police still investigating shooting death of teen in North Rome, services set for June 9
- Gov. Kemp to scale back budget cuts
- The Spires at Berry welcomes first residents
- Protests over George Floyd's death spread across the nation, including Rome
- Baseball tournament to bring over 100 teams to Rome this weekend
- Several gatherings scheduled for the weekend