ATLANTA - The Rev. Raphael Warnock raised more than $2.85 million during the last three months in his bid for a U.S. Senate seat, the Atlanta minister’s campaign reported Thursday.
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks have found an innovative, community-minded way to use State Farm Arena while the coronavirus pandemic has left the building without its usual slate of concerts and sporting events.
A position funded in the state budget marks a giant step forward for plans to address trauma in the youngest Georgians.
ATLANTA — Despite cutting spending by $2.2 billion, the General Assembly found enough money in next year’s state budget to add more funds into building projects across Georgia.
ATLANTA (AP) — Lawmakers in the Georgia General Assembly on Friday are concluding the regular 2020 session of the General Assembly after a months-long recess because of COVID-19. Besides their annual duty of passing a budget to govern state spending, here's a look at the fate of some other s…
ATLANTA - The Georgia House of Representatives gave final passage Friday night to a $25.9 billion fiscal 2021 budget scaled back by the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic on state tax collections.
New scrutiny will be applied to tax credits that relieve film companies from having to pay billions of dollars annually in Georgia under legislation that passed out of the General Assembly Friday.
Georgia businesses making personal protective equipment like gloves, masks, gowns and hand sanitizer will be eligible for a new tax credit under legislation that passed the General Assembly Friday.
The Georgia Senate passed a $25.9 billion fiscal 2021 state budget Thursday that would avoid some of the deepest spending cuts lawmakers have been facing amid the coronavirus pandemic.
ATLANTA — The Georgia Senate passed a $25.9 billion fiscal 2021 state budget Thursday that would avoid some of the deepest spending cuts lawmakers have been facing amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Health officials investigating "multiple" COVID-19 cases at Tip Top in Rockmart
- Two more rallies planned for weekend in Downtown Rome, events planned for the 4th
- Altercation leads to felony charge for Rome man
- Delay in Polk hit-and-run case involving Rep. Trey Kelley sparks protest
- Floyd County Schools hiring for upcoming school year
- Floyd County Jail report for Saturday June 27, 8 a.m.
- Rome City Schools releases COVID-19 prevention protocols
- Sumo Steak House site sought for senior housing development
- Gordon County woman sought as 'person of interest' in fatal Acworth shooting
- Drug deal lands Rome man in jail