The U.S. men's gymnastics team, including Summerville's Brody Malone, finished fifth in the …
- Dave Williams Capitol Beat News Service
Democrats in the Republican-controlled General Assembly are asking GOP Gov. Brian Kemp to add Medicaid expansion to the legislature’s upcoming redistricting special session.
- John Sharp, al.com
Republican leaders and conservative TV personalities like Sean Hannity encouraged people this past week to get vaccinated as the Delta variant spreads in states like Alabama where an overwhelming majority of residents remain unvaccinated. But U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Georgia, continued to downplay on Friday the importance of unvaccinated people to consider getting vaccinated. She ...
- By Dave Williams Capitol Beat News Service
ATLANTA — Republicans in the Georgia House of Representatives Friday elected Rep. Matt Hatchett, R-Dublin, to serve as majority whip. Hatchett now succeeds Rep. Trey Kelley, R-Cedartown, in the whip’s post.
- By Dave Miller Capitol Beat News Service
ATLANTA — Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan called on the General Assembly Thursday to create a $250 million state tax credit aimed at reducing crime statewide.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Dolly Parton dresses up in Playboy outfit to celebrate husband’s birthday: ‘He still thinks I’m a hot chick’
- Son charged in father's killing, Greensboro police say
- Buc-ee's Calhoun set to open Aug. 23
- Floyd hospitals notify employees of mandatory COVID-19 vaccination program
- Noah Feldman: Amy Coney Barrett is trying to tell us something
- Police ID Woodstock man killed in I-75 crash in Marietta
- Floyd County Jail report for Friday July 23, 8 a.m.
- Keyshia Cole mourns mother
- New COVID-19 cases jump 578% in the past two weeks in Floyd County, 2 new deaths reported
- Delicious one-dish meals