The number of Floyd County residents testing positive for COVID-19 rose to 724 Sunday -- an increase of 31 cases over the weekend.
The U.S. House Committee on Appropriations passed a number of funding bills last week that included provisions drafted and championed by Rep. Tom Graves, R-Ranger.
Tom Caldwell is vying for the Floyd County sheriff position in the Aug. 11 Republican runoff. There is no Democratic candidate so the winner will appear alone on the Nov. 3 election ballot. Caldwell is a former chief deputy at the sheriff’s office. To learn more, visit TomCaldwellForSheriff.com.
Dave Roberson is vying for the Floyd County sheriff position in the Aug. 11 Republican runoff. There is no Democratic candidate so the winner will appear alone on the Nov. 3 election ballot. Roberson is on voluntary leave of absence as a major in charge of field operations. To learn more, vi…
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Restaurants on the rise in East Bend shopping center on Turner McCall
- Police seek community help to clean up home of elderly man with cancer
- Schools’ COVID-19 threat level: Red
- Rome, Floyd County commissions discuss masking mandate pros and cons
- Old apartment complex to get a facelift with new owner
- Hopeless without Hibachi: The true cost of quarantine
- Traffic stop leads to false imprisonment, battery charges for Rome man; passenger also arrested
- Floyd County Schools to push back student first day to Aug. 13, in-person graduation plans canceled
- Traffic stop leads to drug arrest for Rome man
- Floyd County Jail report for Saturday July 11, 8 a.m.