Rome leaders are expected to extend the public health emergency declaration ordering residents to shelter in place, with perhaps more restrictions, as the nation and the world continue to attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Georgia’s elections chief is leaving it up to the governor and state legislature whether to postpone the May 19 primaries another month after a prior delay in the face of coronavirus.
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — The number of coronavirus deaths in Georgia reached 125 on Tuesday, with total confirmed infections exceeding 4,100 , as mayors pressed for Gov. Brian Kemp to impose greater restrictions statewide in hopes of slowing the new virus.
Over the next few weeks, Gov. Brian Kemp and Georgia National Guard Adjutant Gen. Tom Carden will activate and deploy over 100 guardsmen to any long-term care facility — assisted living or nursing home — with COVID-19 cases, Kemp’s office announced Tuesday.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Calhoun business owner charged with human trafficking, child molestation
- 'Never been so scared' -- Local COVID-19 patient shares her story
- Body found in creek at Seab Green Road bridge
- UPDATED: Body found in Coosa creek is identified
- COVID-19 case figures jump in Polk from single person to 10 in a week
- Coroner: 5 dead in Bartow were members of the same family
- Report: Silver Creek woman assaulted train engineer with machete
- Many Northwest Georgia COVID-19 cases linked to one gathering; Georgia lists 1,643 positives statewide
- Police investigating shooting incident on East Jule Peek Avenue in Cedartown
- Bowman sentenced to life without parole, plus five years on firearms charge