The Floyd County Judicial Center will reopen at 9 a.m. Thursday with precautions in place to avoid the spread of the new coronavirus.
Georgia lawmakers again Monday raised the idea of imposing salary reductions instead of furloughs for some state employees and elected officials like judges and attorneys amid the need for spending cuts spurred by the coronavirus pandemic.
Georgia’s new voting machines will face their first major test in a June 9 primary election that has created far different logistical challenges for state officials than were anticipated before the coronavirus pandemic struck.
Floyd County’s voter pool continues to skew younger, with more than half of those registered under the age of 50.
Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan signaled Friday he plans to work with state lawmakers on passing hate-crimes legislation following the high-profile arrests of three white men in the fatal shooting of a black man near Brunswick.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Two GOP governors are offering up their states to host the Republican National Convention — a day after President Donald Trump threatened to pull the convention out of North Carolina if that state’s Democratic governor doesn't assure him that the August gathering can go for…
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department has closed investigations into stock trading by Sens. Dianne Feinstein of California, Kelly Loeffler of Georgia and Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma, according to people familiar with notifications sent to the senators. The senators came under scrutiny for tran…
The Floyd County elections office staff and poll workers were back at work Tuesday after a three-day weekend break — processing applications, collecting ballots through the mail and preparing for weekend voting this Saturday.
U.S. Rep. Tom Graves, R-Ranger, was named a “Taxpayer Hero” by the Council for Citizens Against Government Waste recently.
It’s no secret that big money powers high profile political campaigns, but sometimes local races are just … local.
Floyd County sheriff candidates Tom Caldwell, Ronnie Kilgo and Dave Roberson discussed mental health and how it relates to crime and the jail system during a virtual forum on Facebook live.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Report: Rome man disfigured person's face during knife attack
- Protests over George Floyd's death spread across the nation, including Rome
- Report: Trio forces way into East Rome residence
- Police: Juveniles involved in Grady Avenue shooting
- Investigators keep digging on double homicide case in Rome
- Floyd County Jail report for Friday May 29, 8 a.m.
- Georgia reports 21 COVID-19 deaths on Memorial Day, Floyd County cases rise by 1
- School systems on hold while legislature discusses budget cuts
- Report: Fingerprints lead to arrest of a man charged with a five-year-old crime
- Repairs to Walker County commissioner's personal vehicle with county funds questioned