Candidates in Northwest Georgia’s 14th Congressional District runoff were spending more than $8,000 a day, each, heading into Tuesday’s election.
Gary Harrell probably didn't think his first time representing Georgia's 14th congressional district at the Democratic National Convention would be unlike any other in the past.
Georgia hospitals and businesses will get some protection against COVID-19 related lawsuits under a Senate bill that was pushed through on the last day of the session.
Gov. Brian Kemp signed legislation Wednesday aimed at protecting police and other first responders from bias-motivated crimes in Georgia, capping a series of controversial moves by state Republican leaders that nearly derailed passage of a separate bill outlawing hate crimes.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Floyd County sees 383 new COVID-19 cases in the past two weeks
- Kansas and Missouri hold primaries Tuesday, offering glimpse of what November might be like at the polls
- Three Dalton men, Chatsworth woman accused of assault, kidnapping, robbery, more
- Partridge building on Broad Street is sold
- Report: Rome man found with THC oil cartridges and marijuana
- Rockmart man in critical condition after being hit by a train
- Report: Cartersville man tried to leave meth at PAWS for inmate to pick up
- Floyd County reports first COVID-19 death since May, 46 new confirmed cases reported Wednesday
- Report: Coosa man found with 37 marijuana plants
- SUV collides with box truck on Hwy. 411 Thursday morning