Buoyed by a surge in vaccine shipments, states and cities are rapidly expanding eligibility for COVID-19 shots to teachers and other groups as the U.S. races to beat back the virus and reopen businesses and schools.
- By DAVID CRARY and LINDSAY WHITEHURST Associated Press
Legislators in more than 20 states have introduced bills this year that would ban transgender girls from competing on girls’ sports teams in public high schools. Yet in almost every case, sponsors cannot cite a single instance in their own state or region where such participation has caused …
Legislation aimed at separating school sports teams between children assigned male or female at birth advanced in the state Senate Wednesday amid criticism it discriminates against transgender persons.
- By Dave Williams Capitol Beat News Service
ATLANTA — For the first time during the 2021 General Assembly session, legislative leaders have combined all three forms of gambling they’re considering legalizing into a single resolution.
Wide-ranging legislation aimed at cracking down on rioting protesters in Georgia that criminal-justice advocates say could trample on free-speech rights faced debate in the General Assembly Tuesday.
ATLANTA — A $1.9 trillion federal COVID-19 relief package moving in Congress that would send aid directly to cities and counties has drawn backlash from Gov. Brian Kemp, who says its funding formula shortchanges Georgia.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- Redmond nurse plans to open special needs farm retreat in memory of daughter
- Father and son killed in West Rome wreck
- Local investors buy Shrimp Boat, want to bring the restaurant back to its franchise days
- Hilaria Baldwin welcomes sixth child
- UPDATED: Shooting suspect in custody after anonymous tip
- New Dairy Queen coming to the Armuchee area
- New voter fraud allegations include local house candidate and Cobb Board of Elections
- 'Drive safely, in memory of Alex Crumbley'
- Ex-etiquette: Trouble with a family business
- Restaurant inspections for Gordon County for Feb. 27, 2021