Mr. Paul Edward Watkins, age 97, of Rockmart, GA passed away Friday, November 22, 2019. He was born in Atlanta, GA on February 27, 1922, a son of the late Walter William Watkins and the late Bertha Bell Costley Watkins. Mr. Watkins had made Rockmart his home since 2003, moving from Marietta. He was a proud veteran of the Unites States Army serving in World War II. Mr. Watkins retired from Arlington Cemetery after 30 years of service where he served at grounds supervisor. In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by his wife, Lucile Frances Hester Watkins; and brothers: Henry Watkins and Samuel Watkins. Survivors include his daughter, Sandy Norman (David), Rockmart; son, James Martin, Naples, FL; step-daughters: Judy Chester (Cecil), Cartersville and Carolyn Grant, Pensacola, FL; step-sons: Jerry (Carole) Petty, Panama City, FL and Ronnie Petty (Sharon), Fayetteville; grandson, Andrew Norman, Rockmart; many step-grandchildren and step-great grandchildren also survive. Funeral services were held Sunday, November 24, 2019 at 1:30 pm in the chapel of the Alvis Miller & Son Funeral Home with Rev. Thomas Hall and Rev. Justin Arnold officiating. Interment followed in the Arlington Cemetery with military honors provided by Brown-Wright Post #12 American Legion Honor Guard. The Alvis Miller & Son Funeral Home & Crematory was in charge of arrangements.
To plant a tree in memory of Paul Watkins as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Three people charged with cruelty to children
- $30 million investment, 75 full time jobs expected for logistics operation in Adairsville
- Investigators keep digging on double homicide case in Rome
- Georgia reports 21 COVID-19 deaths on Memorial Day, Floyd County cases rise by 1
- Report: Clerk scratched off lottery tickets while at work
- Report: Cedartown man choked woman
- UPDATE: Second person arrested on charges related to double homicide investigation
- Rome couple faces drug charges
- Lindale man charged in the traffic death of mother, son
- Wearing a mask to protect others is an intentional act of kindness