Peggy Ward, 66, of Rockmart, Georgia, passed away at a local hospital on Monday, January 11, 2021. She was born May 20, 1954 in Austell, Georgia. We will miss her tender heart, sparkling sense of humor, and shining spirit. She was preceded in death by her father, John Samuel McFarland, and her mother, Cleo Callahan McFarland. She is survived by her husband of 42 years, Dewey Floyd "Sonny" Ward; her daughter, Amanda Nicholson (Jasen); her granddaughter, Ashley Nicholson; her sisters, Lemma Livingston of Gainesville, Georgia; Lisa Turpen (Tom) of Newark, Texas; and Janet Dillard (Mike) of Blue Ridge, Georgia; sister-in-law, Vickie Forrister (Jimmy) of Rome, Georgia; as well as numerous beloved extended family members. The family will have a private gathering in her memory at a later date. "We thank you, God, for allowing us to borrow her as long as you did." Online condolences may be left to the family at www.NationalCremation.com National Cremation Service-Atlanta 770-429-2465
To plant a tree in memory of Peggy Ward as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Cult leader and former Marietta resident sentenced to 30 years for murder, manslaughter of children
- Famed northwest Georgia attorney Bobby Lee Cook passes away
- County commission chair involved in ongoing GBI investigation
- Police: Calhoun man dies in accidental shooting
- Missing Cedartown teen’s death ruled a suicide
- Cedartown firefighter arrested in connection with fight at local golf course
- Floyd County Jail report for Friday, February 19 - 8 a.m.
- Floyd, Redmond among 18 Georgia hospitals penalized by Medicare
- 'The biggest heart': Long time Cedartown barber found his footing at the Georgia School for the Deaf
- High winds interrupt third round at Genesis Invitational