Linda Louise Roork, age 69 of Cedartown, passed away May 21, 2020. She was born May 22, 1950 in Rome, Georgia, daughter to the late Amistead Burand Wilson and Ruth Baxter Wilson. She worked for Honey Baked Ham for 15 years where she held the supervisor position. In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by two sisters, Joyce Davis and Mary Simmons. She is survived by her children, Laurie Sanders (Jerry Conner) of Villa Rica, Jennifer Rudisel of Carrollton, Rebecca Sanders (Matt Willingham) of Carrollton, and John Sanders of Mississippi; brother, Billy Wilson of Cave Springs, GA; ten grandchildren, and six great grandchildren. The family will receive friends on Saturday, May 23, 2020 from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM at Martin & Hightower Heritage Chapel. In keeping with the family's wishes, her body will be cremated and there will be no service at this time. Messages of condolences can be sent to the family at www.martin-hightower.com .
To plant a tree in memory of Linda Roork as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Floyd County sees 383 new COVID-19 cases in the past two weeks
- Kansas and Missouri hold primaries Tuesday, offering glimpse of what November might be like at the polls
- Rockmart man in critical condition after being hit by a train
- Partridge building on Broad Street is sold
- Three Dalton men, Chatsworth woman accused of assault, kidnapping, robbery, more
- Floyd County reports first COVID-19 death since May, 46 new confirmed cases reported Wednesday
- Floyd County police get handheld X-ray to search for drugs
- A number of late-summer, fall events changing, adjusting or cancelling as pandemic continues
- Report: Cartersville man tried to leave meth at PAWS for inmate to pick up
- Simple solutions and game changers: Local hospitals prepared to treat influx of COVID-19 patients