Mr. Reginald Eugene (Reggie) Owen, age 85, of Rockmart, GA passed away Wednesday, November 18, 2020. Reggie was born in Griffin, GA on August 19, 1935, a son of the late Jack Owen and the late Doris Perdue Owen. He had lived the greater part of his life in Rockmart where he was a graduate of Rockmart High School. Mr. Owen loved to camp, and was involved in youth sports throughout his life. He was active in Little League Baseball, Youth Football, was a former member of the Rockmart Touchdown Club, and was the driver for the Rockmart High School Wrestling Team. Sports and sporting events were a big part of his life and after coaching he stayed involved with umpiring and playing softball. Reggie was a fifty year member of the Rockmart Masonic Lodge #97 F & AM, was a Veteran of the United States National Guard, and he attended the Rockmart First United Methodist Church. He retired from the United States Post Office after forty years of service. Survivors include his wife, Mary Brumbelow Owen, Rockmart to whom he married on March 11, 1960; son, Barry Owen and his wife, Neeve, Rockmart; two granddaughters: Mary Ella Owen, and Dori Owen, both of Rockmart; brother, Kenneth Fuller, Rockmart; special niece, Stephanie Waters Cook; and several nieces and nephews also survive. Funeral services were held Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 3:00 pm in the chapel of the Alvis Miller & Son Funeral Home with Brother Kenny Fuller officiating. His son, Barry Owen delivered the eulogy. Interment followed in Rose Hill Cemetery with Masonic Graveside Rites. Pallbearers included: Freddie Garner, Junior Carter, Roddy Austin, Billy Wills, Keith Fuller, Larry Waters, Bryan Owen and Dillard Cook. The Alvis Miller & Son Funeral Home & Crematory was in charge of arrangements.
To plant a tree in memory of Reginald Owen as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Cobb Elections addresses shredding at Jim Miller Park
- Report: Rome woman stole 28 packets of lottery tickets from Rockmart Highway gas station
- Report: Rome woman arrested at motel with crystal meth
- Floyd County chief elections clerk terminated, elections board cites two reprimands within six months
- Calhoun Walmart reopens after closure for COVID cleaning; anonymous employee speaks out
- UPDATE: Floyd County begins recount process for all races after audit uncovered 2,500-plus missing votes
- Gov. Kemp reimposes COVID-19 restrictions in Georgia
- Lidl announces opening date for Marietta store
- Application for possible Popeyes on Turner McCall tabled, strong opposition from East Rome neighborhood
- Atlanta woman shot and killed in Smyrna early Wednesday