Mr. Edward Lee Nettles, age 84 of Rockmart, passed away Sunday, August 22, 2021. Mr. Nettles was born December 27, 1936 in Rockmart, son of the late Herman Lee Nettles and the late Camilla Thompson Nettles. He was a 1956 graduate of Rockmart High School and a veteran of the United States Air Force having served during the Vietnam War. Mr. Nettles retired from the Lockheed-Martin Corporation with 42 years of service and was of the Baptist faith. He was a member of the Polk County Cattlemen's Association and enjoyed fishing, dancing, gambling, and traveling. He loved to donate to many organizations and was very well known in the community. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife, Glenda Oliver Nettles on June 2, 2018. Survivors included a daughter, Cynthia Denise Harris of Cedartown; brother, Pierce Nettles of Rockmart; uncle, James Nettles of Rockmart; two grandchildren, Gage Harris and Ashleigh Harris both of Yorkville; grandson-in-law, Jason Deering of Yorkville; and three great-grandsons, Jake Harris and Zachary Harris of Taylorsville and Blaze Deering of Yorkville. Funeral services were held Friday, August 27, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. in the chapel of the Freeman Harris Funeral Home with Rev. Don Rackley officiating. Interment service followed in Rose Hill Cemetery with American Legion Brown-Wright Post #12 Honor Guard in charge of military graveside rites. Pallbearers included: Jason Deering, Gage Harris, Nicholas Nettles, Perry Nettles, Marty Nettles and Daniel Patterson. Honorary pallbearers were: Evan Nettles, Derrick Nettles and Nathaniel Patterson. Freeman Harris Funeral Home was in charge of the funeral services for Mr. Edward Lee Nettles.
To plant a tree in memory of Edward Nettles as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Convicted killer released last year confesses to murder of missing Sunrise woman, police say
- Gabby Petito's parents condemn her fiancé during Australian TV interview
- Teen pleads guilty to conspiracy charges in slaying of 57-year-old Shannon woman
- Supreme Court ends legal clash over border wall spending
- Investigation into sale of THC products leads to arrests
- ‘Y&R’ Wedding Drama: Will Victoria’s Family Ruin Her Big Day With Ashland?
- Deputies: Man shot at a truck while driving in Cherokee County
- Thousands of frustrated visa lottery winners sued the US government. They won
- Jury list for Monday, Oct. 18, 2021
- Former Cherokee Sheriff's officer charged with abusing military pay benefits