John Lamar "Johnny" Meadows of Cedartown, Georgia passed away on Friday, April 10, 2020 at a local health care facility. Johnny was born in Rockmart, Georgia on February 13, 1949, son of the late John Charles Meadows and Helen Inell Couey Meadows. In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by his brothers, David Meadows and Tommy Meadows. Johnny is survived by his wife, Shirley Meadows; sons, Russell and Sharon Ruthven and Thomas "Ralph" and Susan Ruthven; grandchildren Colby and Karah Ruthven, Ashley Murray, Joseph and Ashley Hunt and Ethan Hunt; one great granddaughter and two great grandsons; and sister Jane and Lee Mitchell.
To plant a tree in memory of John Meadows as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Floyd County sees 383 new COVID-19 cases in the past two weeks
- Kansas and Missouri hold primaries Tuesday, offering glimpse of what November might be like at the polls
- Three Dalton men, Chatsworth woman accused of assault, kidnapping, robbery, more
- RaceTrac coming to West Rome
- Partridge building on Broad Street is sold
- Report: Coosa man found with 37 marijuana plants
- Report: Rome man found with THC oil cartridges and marijuana
- Report: Cartersville man tried to leave meth at PAWS for inmate to pick up
- Floyd County reports first COVID-19 death since May, 46 new confirmed cases reported Wednesday
- SUV collides with box truck on Hwy. 411 Thursday morning