Ms. Beverly Jean Ray Hamby, age 77, of Buchanan, GA, formerly of Tallapoosa, passed away February 22, 2021. She was born June 24, 1943 in Rockmart, GA to the late Millard and Mary Ruth Dobbs Ray. Beverly was a graduate of Tallapoosa High School and worked as a hair dresser for many years. She is survived by her daughters and sons in law, Anita Hamby, Kimberly and Bob Sanders, all of Buchanan, GA, and Jennifer and Terry Jordan, of Stanley, ND; grandchildren and their spouses, Carissa and Steve McGraw, Jessica and Jonathan Randall, Mason Jordan, Aubrey Jordan, Andrew Sanders, Matthew and Lindsay Sanders, and Victoria and Daniel Moss; great grandchildren, Amelia McGraw, Elijah Sanders, Ezra Sanders, and Austin Moss; sister, Sonja Waddell, of Sautee, GA; and brother, Ronald Ray, of Cedartown, GA. A graveside service was held February 25, 2021 at 3:00PM in Polk Memory Gardens with Bro. Jeff Layton officiating. Gentlemen serving as pallbearers were Andrew Sanders, Matthew Sanders, Daniel Moss, and Terry Jordan. Sympathies may be sent to the family at www.miller-funeralhome.com. Miller Funeral Home, Tallapoosa, GA.
To plant a tree in memory of Beverly Hamby as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Former vet clinic manager pleads guilty to stealing over $250K in funds
- Valdosta fined, stripped of wins, banned for 2021 playoffs
- Troys to close Saturday after 92 years in North Rome
- Police: Discovery of burnt body leads to arrest of two men responsible for at least three homicides
- Updated: Atlanta Police: Runaway girls have been found and are safe
- Three people charged with concealing death after November overdose
- Five more people indicted in ram killing during white supremacist gathering
- 14th District photo contest open for entries
- Lumber prices a big contributor to increased cost of housing
- Pepperell grad returns home after more than two months in Atlanta hospital.