Mr. Jimmy Dabbs, age 76, of Rockmart, GA passed away Saturday, May 16, 2020 at his daughters residence following a brief illness. He was born in Rockmart, GA on November 9, 1943, a son of the late James B. Dabbs and the late Katie Louise Cline Dabbs. Jimmy had lived all of his life in Rockmart where he was a graduate of Rockmart High School and was a member of Bellview Baptist Church. Some of the things Jimmy enjoyed were fishing, boat riding, cutting grass, grilling, and NASCAR. His greatest love was spending time with his family and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He was a former employee of Georgia Power where he retired after many years of service. In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by a daughter, Jeanne Denise Dabbs. Survivors include his loving wife of fifty eight years, Sherry Womack Dabbs, Rockmart to whom he was married on September 10, 1961; daughter, Lynn Gentry and her husband, Alvin, Rockmart; two sons: Alan Dabbs and his wife, Martha, Centre, AL, and Rusty Dabbs and his wife, Becky, Cartersville; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; two brothers: Joe Dabbs and his wife, Shirley, Franklin, and Charles Dabbs and his wife, Pat, Rockmart; sister, Sue Rudeseal and her husband, Ronnie, Cedartown; a number of nieces and nephews also survive. Graveside funeral and interment services were held Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 3:00 pm in Rose Hill Cemetery with Rev. Jeff Dabbs officiating. Pallbearers included: Rusty Dabbs, Alvin Gentry, Logan Gable, Carson Gable, and Austin Dabbs. The Alvis Miller & Son Funeral Home & Crematory was in charge of arrangements.
To plant a tree in memory of Jimmy Dabbs as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Three people charged with cruelty to children
- $30 million investment, 75 full time jobs expected for logistics operation in Adairsville
- Investigators keep digging on double homicide case in Rome
- Georgia reports 21 COVID-19 deaths on Memorial Day, Floyd County cases rise by 1
- Report: Clerk scratched off lottery tickets while at work
- Report: Cedartown man choked woman
- UPDATE: Second person arrested on charges related to double homicide investigation
- Rome couple faces drug charges
- Lindale man charged in the traffic death of mother, son
- Wearing a mask to protect others is an intentional act of kindness