Jerry Lee Cole, age 79, of Ellijay, GA, passed away on Monday, February, 24th, 2020. He was born on March 11th, 1940 and was raised in Paulding County. Jerry was a long time resident of Ellijay and was a very active member of Ellijay Church of Christ. After retiring as a multi-business owner, he enjoyed spending time outdoors, hunting & gardening. Most of all, Mr. Cole loved his family and was a very devoted husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather. Jerry is preceded in death by his parents, Buford Cole and Velma Elder Cole. He is survived by his wife of 38 years Alice Gardner Cole; daughter, Kimberly Dawn (Mark) Edwards and their children, Emmie and Mackenzie Edwards; daughter Theresa (Randi) Flora; son, John David Taylor and his children SSG David Taylor and Amanda Taylor (Josh) Jackson; great grandchildren, Riley Jackson and Sydney Jackson. Private services will be held at a later date. Winkenhofer Pine Ridge Funeral Home are in charge of arrangements.
To plant a tree in memory of Jerry Cole as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Kansas and Missouri hold primaries Tuesday, offering glimpse of what November might be like at the polls
- Two more stores shutting down in mall, River District to lose tenant to Berry Crossing
- Rockmart man in critical condition after being hit by a train
- Floyd County sees 383 new COVID-19 cases in the past two weeks
- Floyd County police get handheld X-ray to search for drugs
- Commissioners approve first winery in Floyd County
- Partridge building on Broad Street is sold
- Report: Rome man kept three pounds of marijuana in car
- Simple solutions and game changers: Local hospitals prepared to treat influx of COVID-19 patients
- Leaving my heart in Lindale and living a Horseleg life