Jerry Lee Cole, age 79, of Ellijay, GA, passed away on Monday, February, 24th, 2020. He was born on March 11th, 1940 and was raised in Paulding County. Jerry was a long time resident of Ellijay and was a very active member of Ellijay Church of Christ. After retiring as a multi-business owner, he enjoyed spending time outdoors, hunting & gardening. Most of all, Mr. Cole loved his family and was a very devoted husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather. Jerry is preceded in death by his parents, Buford Cole and Velma Elder Cole. He is survived by his wife of 38 years Alice Gardner Cole; daughter, Kimberly Dawn (Mark) Edwards and their children, Emmie and Mackenzie Edwards; daughter Theresa (Randi) Flora; son, John David Taylor and his children SSG David Taylor and Amanda Taylor (Josh) Jackson; great grandchildren, Riley Jackson and Sydney Jackson. Private services will be held at a later date. Winkenhofer Pine Ridge Funeral Home are in charge of arrangements.
To plant a tree in memory of Jerry Cole as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Calhoun business owner charged with human trafficking, child molestation
- Update: Floyd COVID-19 cases rise to 70; governor to close schools, issue statewide shelter in place order
- 'Never been so scared' -- Local COVID-19 patient shares her story
- Body found in creek at Seab Green Road bridge
- UPDATED: Body found in Coosa creek is identified
- Floyd Medical Center CEO says COVID-19 worst is yet to come
- Frustrations boil over at LaFayette range manufacturer
- Cedartown woman killed in early morning shooting, suspect remains in critical care
- Coroner: 5 dead in Bartow were members of the same family
- Third death attributed to COVID-19 infection announced from Floyd County, Bartow up to 6