Mrs. Rilla Kelley Bridges, age 87, of Hampton, passed away July 7, 2021. She was born in Hogansville, GA, daughter of the late Theodore Kelley and Florence Hunt Kelley. Rilla worked at Owens-Brockway for many years. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband Billy Thomas Bridges, daughters Laura Bridges and Rebecca Bridges, grandson Joshua Bridges, granddaughter Mary Lee Gray, brother James Kelley, sisters Ocilee Rakestraw, Bonnie Chandler, Ethel Kelley, and Patsy Kelley and son-in-law LeRoy Versemann. She is survived by her daughter: Alice Versemann of Thomaston; sons: Billy Thomas Bridges of Thomaston and Barry Bridges of Mauk; grandchildren: Amanda Corbin, Travis Foster, Sarah Riggio, Jesse Foster, John Versemann and Jacob Bridges; brothers: Marvin Kelley, Andrew Kelley, and George Kelley; sister: Judy Bell; special children in her life: Adelynn Bishoff and Aldyn Walker;; and many nieces and nephews. A graveside service was held Saturday, July 10, 1:30 p.m. at Greenwood Cemetery in Cedartown. Pastor Bill Barber officiated. Friends visited the family at graveside 1:00 to 1:30 p.m. Moody-Daniel Funeral Home in Zebulon assisted the family with arrangements.
To plant a tree in memory of Rilla Bridges as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Convicted killer released last year confesses to murder of missing Sunrise woman, police say
- Gabby Petito's parents condemn her fiancé during Australian TV interview
- Teen pleads guilty to conspiracy charges in slaying of 57-year-old Shannon woman
- Supreme Court ends legal clash over border wall spending
- Investigation into sale of THC products leads to arrests
- ‘Y&R’ Wedding Drama: Will Victoria’s Family Ruin Her Big Day With Ashland?
- Deputies: Man shot at a truck while driving in Cherokee County
- Thousands of frustrated visa lottery winners sued the US government. They won
- Jury list for Monday, Oct. 18, 2021
- Former Cherokee Sheriff's officer charged with abusing military pay benefits