James Russell Bailey, 84, of Summerville, passed away on Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at Summerville Medical Center. Family and friends are invited to attend his visitation on Saturday, March 27, 2021 from 12 o'clock to 2 o'clock at James A. Dyal Funeral Home. Flowers will be accepted. Russell was born on September 16, 1936 in Rockmart, GA, son of the late John Wesley and Geneva Grace Bailey. He enjoyed reading and woodworking. He retired as a Forman from Lockheed Martin. Survivors include: two children: Linda "Jayne" Googe and husband Kevin of Summerville, SC and Russell "Wayne" Bailey of Rockmart, GA; three grandchildren: Jessica Schliewenz and husband William of Summerville, SC, James Casey Googe of Summerville, SC and Sarah Ely of Rockmart, GA; great granddaughter, Everly Ely; sister, Betty Moody of Dallas, GA; and fiancé, Dorse Perez of Summerville, SC. A memorial message may be written to the family by visiting our website at www.jamesadyal.com. ARRANGEMENTS BY JAMES A. DYAL FUNERAL HOME, 303 SOUTH MAIN STREET, SUMMERVILLE, SC 29483 (843)873-4040.
To plant a tree in memory of James Bailey as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Rome businessman sentenced to 20 years in prison for 2019 shooting
- Cedartown shooting leaves one dead, police request public's help
- Editorial: The NRA vs. reality: The gun lobby cannot hide from cold facts
- Kylie Jenner exercises twice a day
- 3 men charged with possession of child pornography
- FBI names pipeline cyberattackers as company promises return
- Sheriff hosts celebrity golf tournament with UGA football coach Kirby Smart
- ‘I don’t remember a lot’: Parents of missing Alabama baby speak out about bizarre disappearance
- Gunman in Colorado birthday party shooting killed 6 people because he wasn’t invited, police say
- Kemp: Georgia to cut jobless benefits to push people to work