Walker County’s 2020 Labor Day Car and Motorcycle Show had already drawn hundreds of attendees from across Northwest Georgia and beyond by mid-morning, and 211 automobiles were registered that day.
The 29th annual event to benefit the Al Millard Memorial Stocking Full of Love was held Sept. 7 at the Walker County Civic Center in Rock Spring.
"Today's number of entries were the most automobiles to enter the Labor Day event in over 12 years," according to Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson, Stocking Full of Love president.
The classic car show is the charity's largest fundraiser of the year, he said. During Christmas 2019, the Stocking Full of Love provided toys and gifts to more than 1,400 less fortunate Walker County children.
When announcing the event, Wilson said event organizers were pleased that the show would be held but disappointed that the annual sock hop had to be canceled due to COVID-19 concerns.
The day of family fun also included food vendors and games.
Donations can be mailed to the Stocking Full of Love, P.O. Box 767, LaFayette, Ga., 30728.
Visit the Al Millard Memorial Stocking Full of Love’s Facebook page, call 706-638-1909 extension 1276, or email email@example.com for more information on the Stocking Full of Love program.
- Biden is prepping for first debate. Trump is watching TV news and testing attack lines
- FCS superintendent recommends closure of Cave Spring Elementary, Glenwood Primary for 2022 - hearings, board vote would be needed to proceed
- Sugar Valley man charged with child molestation, aggravated sexual battery
- UPDATE: Police find 21-year-old Rome man who was reported missing
- Report: Two men involved in armed robbery on Shorter Avenue, held tire shop employee at gunpoint
- Report: Rome man towed away 2003 Dodge Caravan, said he thought the owner didn't want it
- 'City was extremely blessed to have her' -- Derrall Culberson dies from COVID-19
- In memory of the person I never knew
- Private investors interested in large section of the Martha Berry Boulevard corridor
- Letter from Sheriff Ralston: A very special thank you