Battle of the Badges is a friendly competition between Catoosa County Sheriff Gary Sisk and Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson, in partnership with Blood Assurance. Wilson and Sisk are both members of the Blood Assurance North Georgia Advisory Board, and donated blood will help maintain an adequate supply of blood for use by hospitals in the Blood Assurance service area.
Each donation can save up to three lives. Due to the pandemic, blood donations are low, and there is a critical need for blood of all types.
Last year, Walker County won a close victory by one donated unit of blood; donors in Catoosa and Walker counties contributed 171 blood units during that event, which benefited more than 500 people in regional health care facilities.
As featured on
- Police bust Atlanta home filled with weapons, drugs and cash
- Suspects in Albany murder captured in Atlanta
- $80 million distribution center proposed in Bartow County
- Walmart purse snatching lands three in jail
- Driver charged with vehicular homicide, DUI in wreck that killed Calhoun man
- City to act on sale of West Third Street property Friday
- Unemployed Georgians facing cutoff of federal benefits
- Miss Rome wins on-stage interview in Miss Georgia Competition
- Two children seriously injured in fire on Washington Drive
- Georgia landline phone customers to see lower bills