The Catoosa County Spelling Bee was held Feb. 2 as a virtual event. Twenty-two contestants, representing 10 schools, participated. The three students who won will represent Catoosa County in the Regional Spelling Bee will be held virtually on Saturday, March 13, at 1 p.m. Schools Superintendent Denia Reese said, “I am so proud of all the students who participate in their school’s spelling bee. They must dedicate a lot of time to studying to learn to spell very challenging words. Winning our county spelling bee is a great accomplishment, and I know these students will do a great job in the regional spelling bee.”
As featured on
- Former vet clinic manager pleads guilty to stealing over $250K in funds
- Valdosta fined, stripped of wins, banned for 2021 playoffs
- Updated: Atlanta Police: Runaway girls have been found and are safe
- Lumber prices a big contributor to increased cost of housing
- Pepperell grad returns home after more than two months in Atlanta hospital.
- 'Defund police' bill passes in Georgia as gun carry, protest crackdown stumble
- 14th District photo contest open for entries
- Police: Discovery of burnt body leads to arrest of two men responsible for at least three homicides
- New Ball plant producing recyclable cups by the hundreds of thousands daily
- Floyd County Jail report for Sunday, April 11 - 8 a.m.