Steel work recently started at the site of the future Calhoun Early Learning Academy on Barrett Road.
Scheduled to open in fall of 2022, the new complex will house the city's Pre-K and Kindergarten students. The facility replaces the 1968 Eastside School building that was demolished in late summer of last year.
Carrollton-based Ra-Lin Construction has charge of the project. The district’s request for capital outlay funding at 100% of the formula which will allow for more than 33% of the total cost of construction was approved last year by the state. Those funds, along with General Fund dollars and SPLOST pay as you go funds, are helping to fund the project.
As featured on
- Police bust Atlanta home filled with weapons, drugs and cash
- Driver charged with vehicular homicide, DUI in wreck that killed Calhoun man
- Suspects in Albany murder captured in Atlanta
- $80 million distribution center proposed in Bartow County
- Walmart purse snatching lands three in jail
- City to act on sale of West Third Street property Friday
- Maine wrestling ambassador Ted Reese dies at 84
- Unemployed Georgians facing cutoff of federal benefits
- Work starting on 67-home subdivision on Ga. 53 near the bypass
- Two children seriously injured in fire on Washington Drive