Kindergartners at Tolbert recently learned about the many occupations that provide important public services. Kindergarten students read, wrote and discussed many public service occupations.
The students learned about the different community helpers from books, websites and online videos. In September, they also received firsthand information from:
- Monica Mills- Police officer with the Atlanta Police Department and sister of kindergarten teacher Miss Mills.
- Brian Holbert- Mail carrier with the Calhoun Post Office
- AdventHealth Gordon - EMS workers: Donald Bowen
- AdventHealth Gordon- Mac the Medic (Donald Bowen)
"We have invited public service helpers in the entire time I have taught in kindergarten, five years, and the kids really like it," said Mr. Etheridge. "The community always steps up to help out at Tolbert, even if it’s their off day."
- Third death attributed to COVID-19 infection announced from Floyd County, Bartow up to 6
- Hospitals work to increase surge capacity as statistical models predict surge of COVID-19 cases
- Kemp extends Georgia shelter-at-home order through April 30
- Shaw to shut down plants across the country, starting Monday
- Cellular network service interruption in Polk County and southern Floyd County
- Update: 7 more Floyd residents test positive for COVID-19; Bartow records 4 deaths in a day
- Calhoun business owner charged with human trafficking, child molestation
- Graduation plans for local schools this year
- Floyd Medical Center CEO says COVID-19 worst is yet to come
- Alabama authorities investigate domestic shooting, drowning