John David Moore of the LSU football team has been nominated for the H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship by LSU.
The H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship has been presented by the Southeastern Conference since 1986 to the league’s top male and female scholar-athletes.
The Southeastern Conference will name the 2018 recipients of the H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship on April 26.
Highlights of LSU’s nominees include:
JOHN DAVID MOORE, Football, LSU
- One of the top student-athletes in LSU football history
- Maintains a 4.0 grade point average in architecture and will graduate with Honors from LSU
- First team CoSIDA Academic All-America in 2017
- Two-time CoSIDA Academic All-District in 2016 and 2017
- Four-time member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll
- SEC Community Service Member in 2017
- Two-time recipient of Charles E. Coates Award, which goes to top scholar-athlete on LSU football team
- Wore No. 18 in 2017 which is presented to LSU football player that best represents the program – on field, in classroom and in community
- Three-year starter for the Tigers; 2016 and 2016 at fullback and 2017 at tight end
- Former walk-on that earned a scholarship after two years with the program
- Will become the first LSU football player to graduate with a degree in architecture in over 25 years
- Played in four bowl games during career
In 39-game career, caught 19 passes for 127 yards and a pair of scores and rushed eight times for 18 yards.
Featured in a video produced by the LSU School of Architecture “Where Passion Becomes Genius” to help promote the school to prospective students