State Journal photographer Steve Apps captured the action as the Green Bay Packers defeated the Houston Texans 28-26 in their preseason opener Thursday night at Lambeau Field in Green Bay.
As featured on
Head coach Matt LaFleur struck a balance between acknowledging quarterback Aaron Rodgers’ issues with the joint practices while also making it clear he found a lot of value in them.
Aaron Jones understands that coach Matt LaFleur’s passing game is reliant on a successful running game setting up play-action passes and keeping defenses guessing with a more balanced run/pass ratio than the Packers have shown in recent years, so he knows his role will be vital.
The season may be over for the second-year pro, who was expected to be a starter this year after his injury in Thursday's preseason opener.
- Armuchee storage facility's sudden closure shocks, angers customers
- Rome eyeing bans on panhandling, homeless camps, fireworks and ATVs
- Rome man facing child molestation, assault charges
- DA allowed to dismiss Floyd County Schools RICO indictments, has 6 months to re-indict defendants
- The story behind the Polk County Pot Plane
- Floyd County Schools RICO case scheduled for days of motion hearings this week
- Walker County deputy shot: Domestic in Rossville is every cop’s nightmare
- Floyd County Jail report for Sunday, Aug. 11 - 8 p.m.
- LaFayette crime spree: Police department has 'unusual case' and 'out of the ordinary'
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Monday, Aug. 12, 8 p.m.