Reporter Jason Wilde asked Packers fans on Twitter what they thought of Green Bay selecting Michigan edge rusher Rashan Gary with the No. 12 overall pick in the 2019 NFL draft on Thursday night in Nashville, Tennessee.
Wilde covers the Packers for ESPN Wisconsin. Listen to him with former Packers and Badgers offensive lineman Mark Tauscher weekdays from 9-11 on “Wilde & Tausch” on 100.5 FM ESPN Madison.
Here's what fans had to say about the team's top draft pick:
As featured on
GREEN BAY — Perhaps, had he made a different college choice and stayed at his original position, Ty Summers would be in the Green Bay Packers’ quarterback meetings and changing clothes right next door to Aaron Rodgers in the locker room.
While new coach Matt LaFleur and offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett will be heading up the full, on-field installation of the team’s new playbook, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine and his crew will be ahead of the curve in Year 2 of their system.
Wilkins, a former Arizona State quarterback, has his work cut out for him to make the Packers’ roster.
- UPDATE: Police still looking for Rockmart shooting suspect
- Police seeking suspects in shooting in Cedartown
- Rockmart man arrested in heroin, meth and fentanyl trafficking bust
- Man killed on train tracks in Coosa
- Demolition of old Kmart site set for August, new retail center to bring 400 jobs
- Police: Gordon County man attempted to sexually entice minor
- Arrest made in Murray County murder case
- Longtime Floyd coroner dies
- Ga. high court upholds murder conviction in 2015 Wood Creek Way slaying
- PREP SPORTS: Darlington announces trio of new head coaches