You are the owner of this article.

Teen has reaction to dye in "temporary" tattoo

  • ()

After a day at the beach and night of amusement park rides in Myrtle Beach, S.C., 13-year-old Mason Adams, of Ringgold, Ga., asked his mom if he could get a henna tattoo at one of the shops on the city's main drag.

His mother, Dusty Murphy, a nurse at T.C. Thompson Children's Hospital, agreed to what was supposed to be a temporary tattoo. Instead, the Fox motorcross brand logo and Mason's last name printed on his right shoulder will become a permanent scar.

Within days of getting the tattoo, Mason had an intense reaction to a chemical in the henna, resulting in a blistering and swollen wound.

"It was real sore when I lifted my arm. I couldn't touch my head. It itched, it burned," he said.

Click here to read the full article.