We accept anniversary announcements for 25th, 50th, 55th and 60th year anniversaries, and any year after the 60th anniversary.
Please type your announcement using the information below as your guide. In order to reduce the possibility of errors, handwritten announcements are discouraged.
ANNOUNCEMENT FORMAT: Use a standard type style and size (example: Times Roman set at 10 or 12). Follow the guides below in the order listed for to see what may and may not be included, and TYPE THE ANNOUNCEMENT AS YOU WISH FOR IT TO APPEAR IN THE PAPER (it may be edited for style and policy – see Sample Wedding attached).
PHOTOS: If you wish to include a photo, please note we accept either a recent photo of the couple, or one from their early years of marriage. If you are sending it by e-mail, attach it as a separate .jpg or .tif file and be sure to include the couple’s names in the subject line. It does not matter if the photo is in color or black and white, and we can reduce if necessary, but it must be able to fit a 4” x 4” square format.
SUBMITTING: The easiest way to submit the announcement is to e-mail it to: RomanLife@RN-T.com. If not submitted by e-mail, the announcement and photo (write the couple’s names on the back) may be dropped off in the Newsroom at 305 E. Sixth Ave., or may be mailed to: Attn. Roman Life Department, c/o Rome News-Tribune, 305 E. Sixth Ave., Rome, GA 30161. Photos may be picked up after the announcement is published.
DEADLINE: Announcements must be submitted by Tuesday at noon for consideration in the following Sunday’s newspaper. However, because of space limitations, every announcement meeting the deadline might not appear in the that Sunday’s edition (especially during busy wedding seasons). For assistance please call 706-290-5255 or 706-290-5252 or e-mail RomanLife@RN-T.com.
The Rome News-Tribune will attempt to verify submitted information with both parties involved in wedding, engagement and anniversary announcements. If both parties cannot be reached for verification, the announcement may not be published on the date requested.
- Name of person submitting announcement and relationship to couple
- Contact information for couple: Daytime phone and E-mail address.
- The couple’s first and last names
- Years married as of anniversary date
- Their address (note: only the city will be published):
- Time and place of anniversary reception (if applicable):
- Hosts of reception
- Date and place of marriage, and by whom.
- Wife’s maiden name if applicable
- How did the couple meet?
- Children’s names: (Please list full names and towns of residence)
- Number of grandchildren.
- Number of great-grandchildren.
- If not natives of Floyd County, cities of birth.
- Years residing in Floyd County
- Couple’s educational background and employment and/or military history
- Couple’s church and civic activities:
- Special interests or hobbies (example: gardening, quilting or other)
- List any especially happy times in your marriage
- What is your secret for a successful marriage
By submitting this information I agree that this information is accurate and that I understand the Rome News-Tribune will edit announcements to comply with the newspaper's style. I also understand that the Rome News-Tribune is not responsible for any errors or omissions due to incorrect or unclear information provided on the announcement, and because of space limitations, the Rome News-Tribune cannot guarantee the run date of this announcement, even if it meets the deadline.