SUMMERVILLE — A 29-year-old Trion man awoke to his hip burning along with his Mountain View home this week.

The resident woke up just before 1 p.m. and discovered not only was the living room on fire but his right hip was too, according to a Chattooga County Sheriff’s report.

Along with the hip pain and the smoke filling the room, Haney was shaken when an electronic device exploded, according to reports. Trion, Summerville and Hays State Prison fire departments responded to the call, along with Redmond EMS, who transported Haney for treatment at Floyd Medical Center.

Sheriff Mark Schrader believes the fire started in the living room near a surge protector. A space heater and a television were plugged into the same surge protector.

Haney and his partner, Lindsey Busby, and their five-month-old son lost most of their possessions in the fire. Their gold 2003 Infiniti I35 also burned in the fire.