ADAIRSVILLE — An Adairsville man was arrested after he was identified as being in a vacant mobile home when it caught fire, according to Adairsville police.
The incident occurred at 10:27 a.m. Tuesday at 105 Sparks St., Adairsville, when Adairsville Police and the Bartow County Fire Department responded to a call of a structure fire.
The 911 caller stated it was a vacant mobile home that was boarded up and that someone was inside the residence and appeared to be throwing objects out of a window.
Stephen Howell, 29, of 470 Old Highway 41, Adairsville, was spotted by a witness inside the mobile home during the fire and had soot on his face and smelled of smoke when officers were on scene.
Howell agreed to come to the police department for questioning, and after he was interviewed, Howell was arrested and charged with burglary and first-degree arson.