Election day has come and gone by the time some of our readers will be getting the paper this week, and that means one thing for this week’s edition: results are nowhere to be seen.
By the time presses began rolling on Sunday when our edition is printed weekly, Polk County voters were set to go to the polls on Tuesday to decide a pair of municipal contests and whether they wished to continue the 2017 E-SPLOST.
As of Friday afternoon when early voting was finished out for the year, 732 people had gotten their ballots in early at a Cedartown and Rockmart precinct, and through absentee paper ballots.
Early voting came to a close at the end of the week. No Saturday voting was held for this year’s election as well.
Need to know where to vote tomorrow? Here's a list of the precincts:
- The Aragon Municipal Complex, 2814 Rome Highway, Aragon
- Pine Bower Baptist Church, 100 Pine Bower Road, Cedartown
- The Bert Wood Youth and Athletic Complex, 605 Lynton Drive, Cedartown
- Victory Baptist Church, 15 Hendrix Road, Cedartown
- Cedar Creek Christian Center at 1890 Rome Highway, Cedartown
- The Rockmart Community Center, 436 Hogue Ave. Rockmart
- Young’s Grove Baptist Church, 2255 Antioch Road, Cedartown
Are you registered to vote? Find out here.
For readers who get the paper early and those on Wednesday as well, check back in tomorrow and Wednesday for follow-up coverage of the election this week starting tomorrow morning.
Otherwise, come back to read the Nov. 15 edition to find out who won in the Cedartown commission race and the Board of Education District 6 special election. We’ll also have coverage of the outcome of the E-SPLOST extension vote as well.
Polls were set to open at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 7 for this year’s election. Check information in the story above on our website and or at Facebook.com/thepolkfishwrap to find out where to vote, links to find out if you’re registered, and more.