Blaze destroys Chickamauga house - : Police/Fire

default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Blaze destroys Chickamauga house

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 2:05 pm | Updated: 2:07 pm, Mon Jan 13, 2014.

A Chickamauga home was destroyed by an early morning fire.

On Jan. 13, at 3:30 a.m. a “heavily involved” fire was reported by a neighbor

to 911.

The home at 144 S. Jenkins Road is a total loss, according to Walker County fire marshal Waymond Westbrook.

Fortunately, no one was home at the time of the blaze.

He has determined the fire’s origin to be either a battery or the battery charger that was connected, plugged into an extension cord on the back porch of the home.

The fire jumped to the siding on the home, then into the attic, which quickly allowed it to grow further.

Units from four stations responded to the scene, with Engine 7 from Fairview arriving first. The first responders spent more than four hours at the residence.

The owner has insurance on the 1,300-sqaure-foot house, which was built in 1942.

More about

More about

More about

GBI looking to question man in Gordon County thefts

Gordon County Sheriff's Department is looking for a  white man wanted for questioning in connection with a major commercial theft in unincorporated Gordon County which occurred earlier this month. Chief Deputy Robert Paris said that's all the information available at this time.If anyone recognizes him, they should notify the Detective Division at 706-629-1244 or the GBI at 706-624-1424.

  • icon Posted: May 22

More From Latest Region Stories

Online poll

Loading…

Follow us on Facebook