The first issue of the Calhoun Times came off the press Aug. 12, 1870. During the almost 14 decades the Times has made its weekly visits to the homes of Gordon and surrounding counties, it has had at least 21 editors and approximately the same number of owners. The founder and first editor of the Calhoun Times was Elam Christian. Of the list of men who have edited and published the Calhoun Times, J. Roy McGinty holds the length-of-tenure record, his association with the paper covering 50 years of its history, from 1929 to 1979, serving his last years as emeritus editor and guest columnist. Times Journal Inc. based in Marietta, Ga. acquired the newspaper in February 2015.
- UPDATE: Police still looking for Rockmart shooting suspect
- Rockmart man arrested in heroin, meth and fentanyl trafficking bust
- Demolition of old Kmart site set for August, new retail center to bring 400 jobs
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Monday, May 13, 8 a.m.
- Kemp vetoes recess requirement for Georgia school kids
- Woman accused of stealing approximately $230,000 from elderly person
- Man killed on train tracks in Coosa
- Longtime Floyd coroner dies
- PREP SPORTS: Darlington announces trio of new head coaches
- Task Force finds meth during investigation in North Rome