The first issue of the Calhoun Times came off the press Aug. 12, 1870. During the almost 14 decades the Times has made its weekly visits to the homes of Gordon and surrounding counties, it has had at least 21 editors and approximately the same number of owners. The founder and first editor of the Calhoun Times was Elam Christian. Of the list of men who have edited and published the Calhoun Times, J. Roy McGinty holds the length-of-tenure record, his association with the paper covering 50 years of its history, from 1929 to 1979, serving his last years as emeritus editor and guest columnist. Times Journal Inc. based in Marietta, Ga. acquired the newspaper in February 2015.
- Report: Kingston couple gave four-year-old meth drink
- Report: Shirtless man rode stolen forklift down U.S. 411
- Floyd County Jail report for Sunday Jan. 13 - 8 p.m.
- Ban tweaked on smoking, vaping
- Police investigating armed robbery of Catoosa County gas station
- Whitfield County woman charged with possession of heroin
- Rockmart woman killed in morning wreck
- New bakery in the works for River Arts district
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Monday, Jan. 14, 8 p.m.
- Collins becomes Rome's first black mayor