The first issue of the Calhoun Times came off the press Aug. 12, 1870. During the almost 14 decades the Times has made its weekly visits to the homes of Gordon and surrounding counties, it has had at least 21 editors and approximately the same number of owners. The founder and first editor of the Calhoun Times was Elam Christian. Of the list of men who have edited and published the Calhoun Times, J. Roy McGinty holds the length-of-tenure record, his association with the paper covering 50 years of its history, from 1929 to 1979, serving his last years as emeritus editor and guest columnist. Times Journal Inc. based in Marietta, Ga. acquired the newspaper in February 2015.
- Woman dies of injuries from head-on wreck
- Floyd County Jail report for Saturday November 10, 8 a.m.
- Calhoun man dies in Tuesday morning wreck on Interstate 75
- Report: Women stole more than $1,200 worth of goods from Walmart
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Monday, Nov. 12, 8 p.m.
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Tuesday, Nov. 13, 8 a.m.
- Floyd County Jail report for Sunday Nov. 11, 8 p.m.
- It's a mess: Rain causes wrecks, while forecast calls for temperatures to drop this week
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Wednesday, Nov. 14, 8 a.m.
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Monday, Nov. 12, 8 a.m.