The first issue of the Calhoun Times came off the press Aug. 12, 1870. During the almost 14 decades the Times has made its weekly visits to the homes of Gordon and surrounding counties, it has had at least 21 editors and approximately the same number of owners. The founder and first editor of the Calhoun Times was Elam Christian. Of the list of men who have edited and published the Calhoun Times, J. Roy McGinty holds the length-of-tenure record, his association with the paper covering 50 years of its history, from 1929 to 1979, serving his last years as emeritus editor and guest columnist. Times Journal Inc. based in Marietta, Ga. acquired the newspaper in February 2015.
- Local songwriter's "Rome, Georgia" video getting lots of attention on social media
- Former employee files suit against Shorter
- Man charged with burglary after stealing protein shake
- 3 teens charged with armed robbery
- Report: Man charged in beating of 17-year-old
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Monday, Sept. 17, 8 a.m.
- Floyd County Jail reports Monday, Sept. 17, 8 p.m.
- Floyd County Jail reports Sunday, Sept. 16, 8 p.m.
- Battle lines drawn on smoking ban
- One taken to hospital after wreck in West Rome