The first issue of the Calhoun Times came off the press Aug. 12, 1870. During the almost 14 decades the Times has made its weekly visits to the homes of Gordon and surrounding counties, it has had at least 21 editors and approximately the same number of owners. The founder and first editor of the Calhoun Times was Elam Christian. Of the list of men who have edited and published the Calhoun Times, J. Roy McGinty holds the length-of-tenure record, his association with the paper covering 50 years of its history, from 1929 to 1979, serving his last years as emeritus editor and guest columnist. Times Journal Inc. based in Marietta, Ga. acquired the newspaper in February 2015.
- Woman dies of injuries from head-on wreck
- Body found near Cave Spring
- Police identify body found on Cunningham Road
- Hwy. 411 near Cunningham Road shut down after body found
- Floyd County Jail report for Saturday November 10, 8 a.m.
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Thursday, Nov. 8, 8 a.m.
- Report: Women stole more than $1,200 worth of goods from Walmart
- Calhoun man dies in Tuesday morning wreck on Interstate 75
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Monday, Nov. 12, 8 p.m.
- Floyd County Jail report for Sunday Nov. 11, 8 p.m.