The first issue of the Calhoun Times came off the press Aug. 12, 1870. During the almost 14 decades the Times has made its weekly visits to the homes of Gordon and surrounding counties, it has had at least 21 editors and approximately the same number of owners. The founder and first editor of the Calhoun Times was Elam Christian. Of the list of men who have edited and published the Calhoun Times, J. Roy McGinty holds the length-of-tenure record, his association with the paper covering 50 years of its history, from 1929 to 1979, serving his last years as emeritus editor and guest columnist. Times Journal Inc. based in Marietta, Ga. acquired the newspaper in February 2015.
- Arrest Records from today's Calhoun Times
- Update: Suspect arrested in Circle K armed robbery
- Prep Football: Kremer resigns as head coach at Sonoraville after three seasons
- Darlington, Georgia School for the Deaf students come together to celebrate 'Midnight in Paris'
- Catoosa County restaurant reports for April 1-21, 2017
- Three arrested following hotel drug bust in Fort Oglethorpe
- GUEST COLUMN: How to make Rome Braves games more fan friendly
- Rome grad, drag racer Randy Payne dies at 76
- Dewayne David Tanner gets life in prison
- HPC says no vinyl windows in apartment building