Tony Rios, a junior at Gordon Central High School and a member of the National Honor Society, has been accepted into the Leadership Enterprise for a Diverse America summer program hosted on the campus of Princeton University. LEDA is a national, nonprofit program dedicated to developing the leadership potential of public high school students. The program provides high school juniors with the necessary resources to attend prestigious and highly selective universities in order to ease their transition to college. LEDA Scholars spend the summer taking classes on leadership, receiving one – on – one college counseling, preparing for standardized tests, and honing their writing skills. Only 100 students nationwide are accepted each year into LEDA’s summer program, and GC is so proud that Tony is one of them!
- Calhoun man dies in Tuesday morning wreck on Interstate 75
- Man charged with numerous felony counts after incident at Dews Pond Road gas station Friday
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Monday, Nov. 12, 8 p.m.
- Report: Women stole more than $1,200 worth of goods from Walmart
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Tuesday, Nov. 13, 8 a.m.
- McHenry Primary to close, Pepperell Middle to be torn down
- It's a mess: Rain causes wrecks, while forecast calls for temperatures to drop this week
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Wednesday, Nov. 14, 8 a.m.
- Floyd County Jail arrest reports, Monday, Nov. 12, 8 a.m.
- Woman dies of injuries from head-on wreck