The Gordon County Board of Education was, once again, named an Exemplary Board by the Georgia School Boards Association. This award was presented at this week’s summer conference in Savannah. This award is to honor achievement and the pursuit of higher standards in the local governance of public schools and is the highest distinction a Board of Education can receive. Pictured are members of the Board in attendance to accept the award, left to right: Dr. Susan Remillard, superintendent; Jason Hendrix; Chris Johnson, Board chairperson; Bobby Hall, Board vice chairperson; Dana Stewart; and Charlie Walraven.
- Rome police investigate two shooting incidents, one results in murder charges
- Shooting on Wright Street, manhunt in progress
- Dwarf House to shut down Friday night
- Update: Rome woman shot Friday dies at hospital
- What would Jesus do at our borders?
- Rome student killed in Cedartown wreck, driver facing vehicular homicide charges
- CPD makes arrests in newborn abuse case
- Like father, like son, like medicine
- Friday night shooting victim suffers serious injury, being treated at Floyd Medical Center
- UPDATE: Murder warrant taken out for ex-boyfriend in woman's killing